Portal Questions

Portal Questions

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:12 pm

I'm contemplating incorporating the transfer portal in my save and I was curious if there's any strategies used that mitigate the possibilities of players transferring. Off the bat I would assume making sure young players get some decent amount of playing time without eating into your teams success would help, but genuinely curious if anyone has any tips in this area.
jlemmen43

Re: Portal Questions

Postby Qnextdoor » Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:38 pm

Look at the stats. I look for high PER, 3pt %, and FG%. Some of the lower rated players might have a player type, I would quickly click through all the players you've scouted. Bigs with the attacker player type, sometimes play better than their rating. Consider players IQ and Discipline rating. The higher the discipline rating, the less fouls. Higher IQ limits turnovers and teaches the sets a little faster. There are magazines that give you lot of info on the top recruits. My best advise is to get players that fit your system. If you want a defensive team, you might want to pass on a offensive player to get another defender.
Qnextdoor

Re: Portal Questions

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:20 pm

If you're asking how to reduce the likelihood of players on your roster from transferring then check their PLAYER PROFILE and to see if their Coach and Team Relationships are strong (you can try to improve this by occasionally contacting your player and within discussing their attitude, tell them they're doing great....also make sure to address attitude problems appopriately. Also look at the personality...if he has a bad personality, its more likely he'll have problems with you or the team. Look also at Playing Time...if the guy wants a lot of minutes or to be a starter, then whatever you can do to provide that is likely to decrease his likelihood of transferring. Then toward the end of each season, you get an email that allows you to look at those on your roster to see if they're likely to transfer and to take an action to try to preclude that.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S.Mastroani-TPG;V.Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion