Recruting

Recruting

Postby Jredman1972 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:31 pm

Helli everyone, I am new to the game. I have a question about recruting. I am playing as head coach of the Michigan Wolverines and will be focusing on 4/5 star players. The way I do it is first look at the recommended list and target all the 5 star and 4 star players at postiions of need. After that I focus on the pipelines. Which pipelines should i focus on Great, Good, Decent or Minor ? Because I noticed if i do all them my target list becomes too big like over 200 players. And should I focus outside my pipelines ?
Jredman1972

Re: Recruting

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:46 pm

Similar discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=380&t=37400

Bottom line is it depends on what you're going for. With a high prestige school you should have the clout and the money to be able to recruit everyone. You can kind of take lots of chances on kids and then just shift away from them if their interest isn't moving quickly.

Pipelines are helpful but ideally you would still focus on recruits nearer to your school. A "Good" pipeline into Indiana may have better results than a "Great" pipeline to Arizona for example. But it all depends on the recruit's personalities and what other offers you're competing with.

Great > Good > Decent > Minor
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2025 General Discussion